The Ladies' Tea Guild

Monday, April 12, 2010

Will San Jose lose another tea shop?

I just heard that Chic Chateau in downtown San Jose may be going out of business, and that they are selling off all of their boutique and tea room stock. If true, this news is really sad! I couldn't afford to have tea there more than about 3 times a year, but it has become my favorite place to go on my birthday in the last few years! The only birthday party that I have had for the past 2 to 3 years, apart from just having dinner with my immediate family, was meeting friends for tea at Chic Chateau. I also enjoy taking the South Bay Ladies' Tea Guild there at least once a year, and visiting them with other friends after walking through Christmas in the Park in December. The website, Facebook page and Twitter page don’t mention anything but a “Blowout Sale” of 50% off of the boutique items. Very mysterious! I'll have to go down this week and see if I can find any more information!

Chic Chateau
98 S. 3rd St. (at San Fernando)
San Jose, CA

Review of Chic Chateau
Chic Chateau website
Chic Chateau on Twitter
Chic Chateau on Facebook

No comments:

Now stir the fire, and close the shutters fast,
Let fall the curtains, wheel the sofa round,
And, while the bubbling and loud-hissing urn
Throws up a steamy column, and the cups
That cheer but not inebriate, wait on each,
So let us welcome peaceful evening in.
-- William Cowper (1731-1800)
"The Winter Evening" (Book Four), _The Task_ (1784)