The Ladies' Tea Guild

Friday, April 30, 2010

Cat Rescue Tea fundraiser in the works for this weekend!

image from AntiqueClipArt.com
I forgot how much work it is to help put on a fundraiser, even a relatively small one like ours! I'm not only in charge of securing the donated tea (which I finally picked up the other day) but making the fillings and providing the ingredients for two of the 6 kinds of tea sandwiches, making a batch or two of Meyer lemon curd, donating a tea-themed basket to the raffle, helping assemble the sandwiches and plate the food, and making all the tea during the event itself. I've got a nice little assortment of tea-things for the basket: about a 1/2 pound of Ladies' Tea Guild loose tea (one of my favorite blends, Bloomsbury Afternoon), a teapot key chain, teapot earrings, teapot cookie cutters, and a collection of tea articles from The Ladies' Tea Guild newsletter, _The Tea Times_. I'm also loaning my 12 cups and saucers and my glass creamer and sugar bowl if I can find them! But it's all for a good cause, and the experience is a good one. We had fun last year, although we were about to fall over after we finished, and it looks like this is becoming an annual event!

No comments:

Now stir the fire, and close the shutters fast,
Let fall the curtains, wheel the sofa round,
And, while the bubbling and loud-hissing urn
Throws up a steamy column, and the cups
That cheer but not inebriate, wait on each,
So let us welcome peaceful evening in.
-- William Cowper (1731-1800)
"The Winter Evening" (Book Four), _The Task_ (1784)