The Ladies' Tea Guild

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Time to pick some Meyer lemons!

Meyer lemon tree.
I love having a Meyer lemon tree in the backyard!  I love lemon anything, but Meyer lemons are a whole other kind of wonderful!  I will definitely be making some Meyer lemon curd (using the Gourmet magazine recipe), and anything else I can think of.  Here are some interesting Meyer lemon recipes:

Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake
Meyer Lemon Buttermilk Pudding Cake with Fresh Berries
Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie 
Meyer Lemon and Orange Flower Yogurt Cake

2 comments:

Bernideen said...

You are very fortunate! Last week I made and posted meyer lemon and cranberry scones. They were delicious!

Bernideen said...

Now I have also posted Meyer Lemon Marmalade (canned). I'm on a Meyer Roll!

Now stir the fire, and close the shutters fast,
Let fall the curtains, wheel the sofa round,
And, while the bubbling and loud-hissing urn
Throws up a steamy column, and the cups
That cheer but not inebriate, wait on each,
So let us welcome peaceful evening in.
-- William Cowper (1731-1800)
"The Winter Evening" (Book Four), _The Task_ (1784)