|Christmas bells. Image from AntiqueClipArt.com|
1. The Great Dickens Christmas Fair: November 26 to December 19, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Cow Palace, 2600 Geneva Avenue, Daly City, CA. General admission: $25 (discounts for advance purchase online).
2. A Victorian Christmas: Tuesday, Nov 30 through Friday, Jan 14, 11am to 4pm at the Lace Museum, 552 S. Murphy Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94088. (408) 730-4695. “Two reasons to go to the Lace Museum: the annual lace covered ornament sale and the new exhibit: Victorian Christmas. Vintage lace covered ornaments in all shapes and sizes are waiting for your Christmas tree. Annual fundraiser for the Lace Museum. New exhibit Victorian Christmas features vintage dolls making lace trim for people on their Christmas list. Dolls are dressed in Victorian lace trimmed clothes. Visit the gift shop for lacemaking items.” FREE admission.
3. Ainsley House Holiday Tea and Tour: Thursday, Dec 2, 1 to 4pm, at Ainsley House, Campbell, CA. Price: $30 on the weekdays; $35 on weekends. Phone: (408) 866-2118. “Christmas Around the World at the Ainsley House. See the house transformed into a warm, enchanting celebration of the holidays around the world. The 15 rooms in the Ainsley House will be decorated by interior designers, house stagers and decorators to create a memorable holiday delight. Guests are treated to a lovely tea in the Carriage House featuring delicate sandwiches and holiday sweets, followed by a guided tour of the decorated Ainsley House.”
4. Santa Clara Historic Home Tour 2010: Friday, Dec. 3, 6 to 10 pm, and Saturday, Dec. 4, noon to 5 p.m., at the Harris-Lass House Museum, 1889 Market St., Santa Clara, CA 95050. (408) 249-7905. “The Historic Preservation Society of Santa Clara, based at the Harris-Lass Museum, is sponsoring a historic home tour in Santa Clara's Old Quad district to benefit historic preservation projects and non-profit groups in Santa Clara. The tour, to be held December 3rd & 4th includes a Stripped Queen Anne, Eastlake Victorian, Queen Anne Cottage, California Bungalow and the Adobe Lodge on the Santa Clara University Campus.” Price: $20--$25 Advance ticket purchase; $30 tickets at door if available. Phone: (408) 249-7905. Suitable for teens and adults.
5. 6th Annual Holiday Boutique: Friday, Dec 3, Sat. December 4 & Sun. December 5 10 am-8 pm at Holiday Boutique, 5035 Severance Drive, San Jose, CA 95136. “6th Annual Holiday Craft Boutique -- Ornaments, Snowmen, Angels, Magnets,Table Runners, Painted Wood, Handcrafted Bookmarks, Blank Journals, Knit Scarves, Handcrafted Cards, Adult & Children Bibs, Aprons.”
6. Heritage Holiday and Traditional Tea: December 4, 2010. Noon to 4 p.m. at History Park, 1650 Senter Rd., San Jose. "Join HSJ and our friends for our annual holiday celebration! Shop at the Museum store, design a floral centerpiece, make a glass bead necklace or simply enjoy the sounds of strolling carolers. Fun children’s activities include crafts and letter-writing to Santa. We will also offer our popular Holiday Tea, with seatings at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm." Heritage Holiday Admission: $3 per person/ $10 for a family of four for non-members; FREE for members of History San Jose and Happy Hollow Park and Zoo. Holiday Tea Tickets: $30 for nonmembers; $25 per person for HSJ/ HHPZ members. Tea ticket includes general admission to Heritage Holiday. Reserve your tickets today by calling Juanita at 408.918.1045, or email email@example.com.
7. Holiday Wagon Rides in Downtown Willow Glen: Saturday, Dec 4, 11 and 18, 5 to 8 p.m., at the Bergmann Building, 1355 Lincoln Ave., San Jose, CA 95125. “Ride in a Percheron Draft Horse-drawn wagon enjoying the holiday lights & decorations of Downtown Willow Glen! Leave the Bergmann Bldg. on your 20-minute round-trip ride along Lincoln Ave.” Price: $8-$15 Phone: (408) 298-2100
8. San Jose Holiday Parade: December 5, 2010. 8:30 am to 12 pm. Begins at Santa Clara and Market Street.
9. St. Victor Annual Christmas Boutique: Sunday, Dec 5, 9am to 4pm at St. Victor Parish Hall, 3150 Sierra Rd., San Jose, CA 95132. Call (408) 251-1740 for more information. “Over 20 vendors, great food, visit from Santa, and raffle for lots of prizes. At 3150 Sierra Road, SJ 95132 inside the Parish Hall (lots of parking).”
10. Merry Moroccan Holiday: Sunday, Dec 5, 2 to 5pm at Satori Tea Company, 37 N San Pedro Street
San Jose, CA 95173. “Relax over a cup of tea or peruse through a Moroccan themed bazaar this holiday season! This event will benefit CAREER CLOSET. We encourage you to donate any unused work clothing. Professional clothing that is new or nearly new, clean, and on hangers, gently worn shoes and handbags are acceptable. Receive an additional raffle ticket for every garment you bring in!” Price: $20 per person, phone: (408) 493-0554. Admission includes tea tasting, tea bites, henna art, beauty bar and live music by DJ Cutso. Reservations required.
11. Mount Saint Joseph Discalced Carmelite Monastery Christmas Boutique: Sunday, Dec 5, 10:30am to 5:30pm at Mount Saint Joseph Carmelite Monastery, 12455 Clayton Rd., San Jose, CA 95127. “Sunday Dec 5th 10:30am-5:30pm for Christmas Boutique and Christmas Choir performance at 2:30pm in the chapel. Very reasonably priced hand-crafted decorations, gifts, religious items, books, toys and games, baked goods and refreshments will be sold. All proceeds support the novitiate priestly studies for the Brothers in formation and Carmelite Digest Publication.”
12. Italian Christmas in Little Italy San Jose: Sunday, Dec 5, 5pm at Little Italy San Jose, 350 West Julian Street, San Jose, CA 95126. “Come celebrate Little Italy San Jose's 1st annual Italian Christmas and the opening of Paesano's Ristorante. This will be a family event with a visit by Santa Claus and La Befana for the children, traditional Italian and American holiday customs, a tree lighting ceremony and songs by the Scalabrini groups Italian choir and our own Italian school (Sabatino Memorial family resource center).” Free admission.