The Ladies' Tea Guild

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!

AntiqueClipArt.com 
Happy New Year!

I was going to post a new challenge for the Historical Food Fortnightly series, but the beef marrow I was going to use to make a Florentine of Marrow, went bad before I could use it so I had to throw it out!  I went ahead and tried to make the Florentine without the marrow, but I'm not sure that it's that accurate to the recipe, so I may or may not post about it until I can get some fresh marrow.

Anyway, I did get to use my grandma's food grinder to make the filling for some cuccidati, and I was able to make 3 dozen gluten-free cuccidati for my aunt and cousin, so I wasn't totally useless while waiting for the New Year!  The plan for this morning (if I have time) is to make a Devil's Food cake from scratch to bring to my sister's house this afternoon.

I hope you all have a great year in 2015!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I hope your 2015 is tea-riffic!

Now stir the fire, and close the shutters fast,
Let fall the curtains, wheel the sofa round,
And, while the bubbling and loud-hissing urn
Throws up a steamy column, and the cups
That cheer but not inebriate, wait on each,
So let us welcome peaceful evening in.
-- William Cowper (1731-1800)
"The Winter Evening" (Book Four), _The Task_ (1784)